   RE: [xml-dev] Validate with schemas

>I've been playing with XML and Java for some weeks and at this point, I'm
>trying to validate a XML file against a schema but I haven't found any
>documentation about it.

I recently discovered the dom.ASBuilder utility included with Xerces Java 2,
which lets you check the integrity of a schema as well as checking a
document against a schema. stdinparse, which comes with Xerces C, can also
documents against schemas. And, Sun's multi-schema validator (or msv: see
http://wwws.sun.com/software/xml/developers/multischema/) is great for
checking documents against schemas written in a variety of schema languages.

Bob DuCharme        www.snee.com/bob             <bob@
snee.com>  see http://www.snee.com/bob/xsltquickly for
info on book "XSLT Quickly" from Manning Publications.