   Re: [xml-dev] DSDL part 9: new namespace declarations not needed as part

John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com> wrote:
| Arjun Ray scripsit:

|> [Identification] is a straightforward matter of annotation.  Using an
|> attribute for this has precedent, too.
|
| I like AFs too, but I'm not trying to do them now.

Neither am I.  I'm just having trouble understanding the resistance to the
idea of attributes for annotations.  Is there some "ontological" view (of
"what attributes are for") getting in the way?

We don't have to do AFs.  That's no reason not to adopt the *ideas*.