   Re: [xml-dev] DSDL part 9: new namespace declarations not neededas part

I'd love to have DTD support for these features. I'll use Schema in
situations where I have no other practical choice, and RELAX-NG is at
least an interesting alternative, but I absolutely prefer using DTDs.

I know this has been debated ad nauseam, but my preference is to have
the schema only describe the structure of the document and leave the
data validation to the application. This is because (1) I'm unwilling to
trust schema validation by the parser in my code - if somebody changes
the schema I don't want it creating a buffer overrun (well, an
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException anyway - you can't actually *do* buffer
overruns in Java...) in the application; and (2) there are generally
constraints on the data which cannot be expressed in the schema language
(interdependencies between values, or dependencies on external values).

  - Dennis