   RE: [xml-dev] User interface programming XUL?

Trevor,

XUL's <window> element have 'screenX' and 'screenY' attributes for
specifying location on screen.  XUL's other 'root element' <dialog> may
or may not support them although they seem to be available for use in
'persist' attribute.

My opinion of XUL is pretty low at this point.  As I mentioned before,
there is no DTD.  XUL is poorly designed and poorly documented.  I have
been implementing a XUL builder for SWT (as in Eclipse), but just one
pass though the jumble of XUL, CSS, XML, DTD, XBL, and JavaScript files
in Mozilla is enough to make anyone cringe.  It is a result of mixing
blindly-follow-the-standards, hack-and-slash, and "What forest?"
attritudes.

FYI, XUL reference and tutorials at www.xulplanet.org seems to be most
accurate.  I suspect its author had to browse through the source code to
get the right info.

Best,

Don Park
Docuverse