   RE: [xml-dev] Relax NG Projects

Ok by me.  Fewer competitors in my world.  I like it. ;-)

We could do what Erik Naggum wanted and that
would make several posters happy:  return
to the one true information pure system:  LISP.
Kill the syntax, namespace, RDF and schema
bogeyman with one fast cleave.  Now that's 80/20
at work.

Of course all those XML books become door stops,
all our luminaries become nobodies, and most of
our existing code becomes bit-bucket fodder.

Alternatives for appropriate applications.  If
he teaches DTD first, then RNG, then Schematron, then XSD,
that would seem like a nicely graded learning curve.

len the lemma

<ot>Because the world believes Americans don't
care about world events outside the US, in honor of the
German victory today at the World Cup, we are
going out tonight to hold soccer riots and
trash german restaurants; but only after we
eat dinner there.  Americans don't riot on
empty stomachs.  Congratulations to the
German Soccer Team (boo to the official
who didn't see the palmed goal).</ot>

From: Simon St.Laurent [mailto:simonstl@simonstl.com]

Right.  And they should also be taught the value of all-out business
battles, how to follow crowds unthinkingly, and the value of using whatever
happens to be handed to them at the time.

I applaud David for teaching students a schema form which might encourage
them to focus on the basics of information structure development before
throwing them into an approach which offers a deluge of features manageable
primarily through tools which separate them from the information.

Teaching DOM without teaching SAX seems infinitely more appropriate by
contrast.