   RE: [xml-dev] XML Schema to relaxNG xslt

<snip mimicing W3C XML Schem extension>

> Does that replicate the functionality sufficiently?  Of
> course the definitions can be in separate schema files.

Type derivation in XSD comes in two flavors; extension and restriction.
Extension is easy to mimic even with DTDs. However how does RELAX NG
mimic restrictions (especially the nested ones) that involve facets like
xs:minInclusive, xs:maxInclusive?

> > A lot of functionality falls under extensible types including
> > polymorphism via substitution groups and xsi:type which I
> do not see

<snip choice>

> Wherever h is referenced, an h1 or h2 or ... element may
> appear.  There is no constraint that they have compatible
> content models, though.

Without the constraint that they have compatible content models then it
is just an xs:choice

> > Is there anything akin to xs:redefine in RELAX NG? I
> couldn't find it in
> > a cursory reading of the tutorial or the spec.
>
> Yes.  If you say:
>
> include "subspec" {
> 	foo = ...
> 	bar = ...
> 	baz = ...
> 	}

Interesting. Could you point me at the part of the spec or tutorial that
discusses this functionality.

Thanks.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Any philosophy that can be put into a nutshell belongs there.

rights.