   Re: [xml-dev] DTDs, W3C Schemas, RELAX NG, Schematron?

Paul Prescod scripsit:

> John Cowan claims that
> people who spend a reasonable time doing a "taste test" prefer RELAX.

Well, it's conscious hyperbole.  A more serious expression of my
point of view would be that *if* you are not committed to WXS,
you will certainly prefer RNG to DTDs or to no schema language at all.

I think there are deep ideas behind WXS, but the realization of them
is a lot more imperfect than it has to be.  One of my notions was
that it might be interesting to write a non-XML authoring syntax
for it (Ghu knows, I know how to write recursive-descent compilers
in my sleep by now) and see how that makes me feel.

--
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com