   Re: [xml-dev] Announce: XML Schema, The W3C's Object-Oriented Descriptio

Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> As Clark's message is being passed along working
> groups like a grassfire, the assertions that XML Schema is
> hard, incomplete, inadequate, somehow not right, are being
> accepted uncritically in many venues based on the source.
>
> That is not a good thing.

On the contrary, it's an unalloyed good thing.  We have moved from a
situation in which nobody in the world had ever heard of any schema
facility other than XSD to a situation in which we are having widespread
and quite enlightening discussions about pros and cons and trade-offs
and options.  This is a major win.

And yes, it needed a fairly large-caliber cannon blast to alert the
world that there are some issues here.   Sometimes you have to dump tea
in the harbor to launch a debate about taxation structure.  -Tim