   RE: [xml-dev] Announce: XML Schema, The W3C's Object-Oriented Des

At 11:06 AM 6/25/2002 -0500, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
>James is mortal.  He is smart; he is well-educated
>and he is an expert.  So is Henry.  Decisions about
>technology shouldn't be made by choosing among
>personalities but by choosing among features that
>work or don't and that are adequate to the case at hand.
>
>No size fits all.  Some fit most.

I'm a little disturbed to see the level of personalization that seems to be
growing in this issue, which I guess puts me in some level of agreement
with Len.

W3C XML Schema vs. RELAX NG

         is not

Henry Thompson vs. James Clark

         or even

Henry Thompson + Large Committee
              vs. James Clark, Murata Makoto, and a Smaller Committee

The message James Clark posted to ietf-xml-use was (IMHO) a technical tour
de force.  I don't think James reached every weakness of W3C XML Schema,
nor am I sure that would be productive because of the length.  I'm glad to
hear that the message is being widely distributed and read, but I certainly
hope that readers get past the headers and read the content.

Simon St.Laurent
"Every day in every way I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue