   RE: [xml-dev] XHTML modularisation causes strange error with MSXML

If what you want is validation the SAX parser in MSXML should be able to validate those without problems.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Jonathan Borden [mailto:jborden@attbi.com]
	Sent: Fri 6/28/2002 9:01 PM
	To: Dare Obasanjo; MAISONNY Benoit; www-html@w3.org; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
	Subject: Re: [xml-dev] XHTML modularisation causes strange error with MSXML

	Dare Obasanjo wrote:

	[[
	Does this newsgroup post solve your problems

	http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=DXc2q8GFBHA.259%40cppssbbsa01.micro
	soft.com

	if not can you update me on what the problems you have afterwards are?

	Thanks.
	]]

	No.

	Here is an example of an XML document (one that I might add conforms to a
	new international standard for medical guidelines issued by ASTM E31.28.

	http://www.openhealth.org/ASTM/UTI-guideline.xml

	This chokes my version of IE (5.5) loaded with MSXML 4.

	Note that if you removed the comments around the <!DOCTYPE ..> line in

	http://www.openhealth.org/ASTM/operative.report.example.xml

	the same problem occurs (this document also conforms to an international
	standard, BTW)

	MSXML seems unable to process DTDs that use lots of parameter entities such
	as those of W3C XHTML. I've been mentioning this for years but no one seems
	to care. shrug.

	Jonathan