   RE: [xml-dev] XHTML modularisation causes strange error with MSXML

The issue isn't validation, so much as being able to simply parse the
documents. MSXML in IE throws a fatal error when encountering PEs that it
thinks haven't been declared in the appropriate place (due to the
modularized structure of the DTDs).

The less than politic answer has always been that IE doesn't support XHTML,
so it's not a problem anyone is willing to solve.

That's shortsighted, of course, in that XML DTDs can be heavily
parameterized as well, having nothing to do with XHTML, and those would
fail as well.