   Re: [xml-dev] Non-xml syntax for WXS

At 04:08 PM 6/29/2002 +0100, Sean McGrath wrote:
>"W3C Schema will soon disappear into oblivion without a non XML syntax..."
>
>- Tom Gaven, XML Journal. Vol 3, Issue 6, Page 48
>
>Opinions?

I thought the same of XSLT, and here I am on a Saturday morning working
with XSLT.

I think RELAX NG's non-XML syntax works because the model in RELAX NG works
pretty simply.  I have a very very hard time picturing a non-XML syntax for
W3C XML Schema, and I'm not sure that it would be any more readable or
workable than the XML syntax.

I'd love to be proven wrong on that one.

Simon St.Laurent
"Every day in every way I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue