   RE: [xml-dev] Partitioning?

Hi Ramin

Ramin said:

They were what I would call 'moderately complex' but yes, demanding on the CPU. Some of the performance issues, I believe, also have to do with problems like hitting the 'back' button to go back and visit a page that was browser XML/XSL rendered. At the time I was doing the testing, the browser was not smart enough to know that the previous page had already been rendered in XML/XSL and should therefore use the same HTML output instead of re-transforming the whole thing. With HTML, the browser is smart enough to know (or guess). I haven't checked on the very latest browser versions to see if it's still the case. Have you tried that?

Didier replies:

It seems that the browser redo the same transformation operation and do not use the produce HTML document. Thank for pointing that.

Cheers

Didier PH Martin