   RE: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete (was Re: [xml-dev] Un-ask the question)

-
> From: Simon St.Laurent [mailto:simonstl@simonstl.com]
>
> Maybe it's worth making a point that
> namespaces for global attributes should be distinct from
> namespaces for elements?  That seems to be a fairly common
> design pattern, though I'm not sure I want to hold up XLink
> or W3C XML Schema's xsi:stuff as a shining example.

If you have an XML langauge which has an attribute that is supposed to
mean the same thing wherever it appears, then with a little thought, the
thing to do is mandate that attribute has a URI, ie in XML it has a
QName. Thus under XMLNS, the attribute gets prefixed in all contexts.

regards,
Bill de hÓra

..
Propylon