   Re: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete (was Re: [xml-dev] Un-ask the question)

John Cowan writes:
> That sounds like a distinction without a difference to me.  Precisely
> what
> are you suggesting we change in the Infoset, for example?  Currently,
> unprefixed attributes have a [namespace name] property of "no value".
> What would you like to see it be?

John, you know I consider the Infoset pernicious at best. ;->

Unless the namespaces spec changes - which I'd like to see but doubt
will happen - nothing would change in the Infoset, and this
interpretation would take place at the application level.

If there were to be a change in the spec, then yes, I'd like to see
unprefixed attributes have a [namespace name] property that is identical
to the value of the [namespace name] property of the element.  That's
something to be considered when XML reaches an evolutionary point where
it's considered reasonable to break some things as part of fixing the
overall mess.

I think we've been there for a while, but doubt it will happen anytime
soon.  In the meantime... back to the monastery.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!