   Re: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete (was Re: [xml-dev] Un-ask the

> (1) It is a deduction from the Namespaces spec that attributes without any
> prefix are in no namespace.

yes surely that is clear.

> It is implicitly _not_ an error to have no-namespace attributes
> which _are_ the attributes defined in the spec.  I can't _find_ anything
> which specifies any processing for these elements

I don't understand this comment at all. the definition of the processing
of (say) the xsl:template element is almost all taken up with telling
you how to process the non-namespaced attributes match, name etc.

> it does suggest that the XSLT authors rather
> expected that no-prefix attributes would be in the element's
> namespace;

I doubt it. If they did it is rather strange that they defined Xpath they
way they did. If you ask Xpath for the namespace of the match attribute
in <xsl:template match=... you will get the value "" not the URUI of the
XST namespace.

> (c) that, unless I've
> missed something, and the logic above is wrong, XSLT processors are
> acting _as_if_ unprefixed attributes are in the namespace of the
> containing element

No. If an XSLT processor acted as if match was in the xslt namespace
in
<xsl:template match=...
then
a)