   Re: [xml-dev] Keeping ISO 8879 Alive (was RE: [xml-dev] Markup pe rspect

Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

... mostly sensible stuff ...

> What will be hard for the consortia to
> accept is that while they are writing specifications,
> the authoritative documents at the
> highest level of governance are the ISO standards.

In this particular alternate universe, TCP/IP withered away in the face
of the highest level of governance, which was insisting on OSI
networking.  We all use ODA to exchange documents.  And the world-wide
web is based on ISO 10744.

It is not useful to believe that at any absolute level, any
consortium/institute/standards body is any better than any other.  Judge
'em by what they produce.  They all have hits & misses.  -Tim