   Re: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete (was Re: [xml-dev] Un-ask the question

At 10:14 PM 8/2/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>ok i'll bite:
>
>the URI reference identifies the namespace,
>in other words
>the namespace is being named

And that buys us what if the URI is most easily resolved to a porn site?

(Deliberately perverse, yes.)

Naming a namespace is _nearly_ as exciting as identifying a resource which
is a thing that can be identified.

If the URI can be resolved to a RDDL document which purports to be a
representation of the namespace, I'm happy to buy your argument.  If it
doesn't or doesn't have to, I think I'm off the train completely at this point.

Simon St.Laurent
"Every day in every way I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue