   RE: [xml-dev] constructive (was RE: [xml-dev] Markup perspective not cod

> If there's a genuine conflict - and I believe there are many at this point
> - I think it's far better to air them (and strongly) than to leave them
> festering.  It may in fact be time for division into smaller groups where
> consensus is achievable, but I think we need to find out what those groups
> are before we can find our way into them.

Well, I think there are already two groups of xml users appearing:

1) The group that uses xml for machine processing.  Within this group are
factions working on versions of "diet xml": SML, YAML and so on...

2) The group that uses xml for eventual human interaction.

There are already several xml applications that cater to both groups.
MathML contains both presentation and semantic markup for machine processing
and human reading (although OpenMath is better at describing the semantic
parts).

It might be time to split xml into two parts (or at least add a third type
of conformant processor).

That's all my opinion though, so it's subject to change at any time without
notice... ;-)

--
Jimmy Cerra

"my mind is slipping away...