   Re: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete (was Re: [xml-dev] Un-ask the questio

Didier PH Martin wrote:

> ...However, if some curious fellow enters the URI (in that
> special case a URL) in a browser and get to a porn site, from the human
> and cognitive point of view I just create confusion since the poor
> fellow will try to resolve the cognitive dissonance between these two
> disjoint sets. I wont say like Gregory Bateson that this would lead to
> some pathological state caused by a double bind but I would, at least,
> say that our fellow will be confused.

Well, duh!, of course this wouldn't be a good idea, and our fellow would
have a perfectly good right to be confused -- but surely you aren't arguing
that some axiom is causing the confusion here, are you?

The bottom line is that the 'controller' of the resource needs to ensure
that representations of the resource do, in fact, convey information about
the resource and not something else. So if the URI is a namespace name, they
common sense dictates that the representation convey some information about
the namespace.

Jonathan