   Re: [xml-dev] relying on ordering of sibling XML elements

I see I typed a wrong word in my earlier post today - one that does not make
much sense in the context.  Here is what I meant (probably everyone knew
that already) -

> [Glen Mazza]
> >
> > Question - does "proper" XML document design permit
> > deriving a semantic meaning from the ordering of XML
> > sibling elements?
> >

> Yes and no.  As Richard Tobin just posted, the order of the
<WRONG>documents</WRONG> <INTENDED>elements</INTENDED>  is
> significant in XML.  On the other hand, the semantic value of having an
> order is up to you.  XML says nothing about it.  You are free to equate
> document order with physical order in the bookshelf if you want to, and
XML
> will respect that order for you.

Cheers,

Tom P