   Re: [xml-dev] CDATA strangeness

Hello all,

I ran into these funky tags when I was working on a possible submission to the Google programming contest. I thought they were some kind of wierd CDATA tag, but then discovered they're Microsoft "Smart Tags". For what they do I would have thought a processing instruction <?if IE script language="javascript" ie5=1 end if?> would have been more XML compatible. Polluted tags to "extend" XML...

Here's the URL I found pointing to the MSDN website:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/code/default.asp?url=/code/sample.asp?url=/MSDN-FILES/026/002/285/msdncompositedoc.xml

Cheers! +Will Gilreath