   Re: [xml-dev] RE: maps

Dare Obasanjo scripsit:

> So basically I can write code for how to validate a datatype which
> plugs into the validator depending on whether the validator is designed
> in such a modular manner and knows where to look for my code?

Yes, plus the fact that there is a standard plugin framework for Java,
.NET, COM, and vanilla C++ frameworks.

> So for some cases, it isn't as bad as having to hack the validator
> yourself but it's still doesn't interoperate very well.

It interoperates as well as you can expect considering the goal of flexibility.
Formal interoperability is always enhanced by allowing fewer options, at
the expense of greater rigidity.

--
John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com
"If I have seen farther than others, it is because I am surrounded by dwarves."