   Re: [xml-dev] RE: maps

At 11:48 AM 8/6/2002 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
>Dare Obasanjo scripsit:
>
> > So basically I can write code for how to validate a datatype which
> > plugs into the validator depending on whether the validator is designed
> > in such a modular manner and knows where to look for my code?
>
>Yes, plus the fact that there is a standard plugin framework for Java,
>.NET, COM, and vanilla C++ frameworks.

I'm starting to think that there may be a slightly more generic way to
define conversions from lexical to value spaces and (if desired) validate
those as well.  I suspect RELAX NG's basic model along with some notion of
regular expression-based fragmentation and fallback (to support multiple
lexical idioms) might make a lot of this work without requiring developers
to step all the way back to platform-specific code.

We'll see where this goes, but maybe there's hope of not only getting past
the limitations of W3C XML Schema part 2, but of building a more broadly
usable framework.

Simon St.Laurent
"Every day in every way I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue