   Re: [xml-dev] W3C XFrames - first public WD published

[Ann Navarro]

> At 11:02 PM 8/6/2002 -0400, Thomas B. Passin wrote:
>
> >The Zope list just had a thread about problems in the display of its
> >interface using some versions of IE, and someone wrote in and said that
if
> >you modified the DOCTYPE declaration (which was an xhtml-transitional
> >doctype), then IE would go into quirks mode and the display problems
would
> >go away.  My point is that is seems that some else really is using xhtml
or
> >at least its doctype declaration.
>
> Do you have anything more specific on that? Using XHTML 1.0 *anything*
> that's valid shouldn't produce any glaring problems in any of the major
> browsers more recent versions. (circa 1999 forward)

The display problem involved textarea elements being too wide so that the
user had to scroll horizontally to see the whole element.   Changing the
DOCTYPE declaration was said to make the problem go way.  I will look for
those messages when I get to work.

Tom P