From: Wannheden, Knut [mailto:knut.wannheden@paranor.ch]
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 7:34 AM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: [xml-dev] using avt's outside xslt

Hi,

I am writing an XML application where I think it would be useful to have something like the AVTs (attribute value templates) that exist in XSLT.  I would use XPath expressions inside the AVT to address parts of the same document they occur in (unlike the way it's used in XSLT, call it introspection if you like).

I think I've seen other application adopting the AVT syntax as well for similar purposes.  I was wondering if this is a good solution or something that rather should be avoided.

In the implementation parsing the XML document I would of course still have to know what attributes should support AVTs and do the evaluation using an XPath library.

Thanks,

--
knut