   Re: [xml-dev] Deterministic content models???

Doug Rudder scripsit:

> <!ENTITY % paracontent "(%text; | %list; | (table , tabnote*) | figure)+" >
>
> This works fine in SGML.  XML does not like it.  For XML versions of the
> DTD, we had to take the parens out and change the , to |.

I am willing to bet that "%text;" expands to some choice of elements and
#PCDATA, and XML can only cope with #PCDATA in the very limited frame
"(#PCDATA | element1 | element2 ...)", no extra parens or commas allowed.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        jcowan@reutershealth.com
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There are