   Re: [xml-dev] Comparable considered necessary

"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" scripsit:
> The name inside the name documents the authority.
> I have to accept it as being asserted.  I don't
> have to accept what it asserts.  The URI agreement
> is the systemic agreement of the former.  The latter
> is accepted or negotiated.

I don't understand this.  Names don't *assert* anything
at all: they are nouns, not verbs.  But URI names aren't
totally meaningless, any more than "len bullard" is totally
meaningless: it notes the source of authority for the name,
viz. the bullards.

--
John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing