   Re: SLAIX (was: Can XLink be fixed)

Erik Wilde scripsit:

> i think before we can define a generic infoset serialization, we need to
> have a proper data model of the infoset. the infoset spec is extremely
> vague about what can be done, for example it does not even say that
> there are only items and properties. and it does not say which values
> properties may have, and whether there are some universally understood
> special values (such as "unknown" and "no value" as they appear in the
> infoset spec).

Well, there are only items and properties.

Every property (I believe; if not, please raise an erratum) has a type
given, either "set of items", "list of items", or a simple type.

"No value" is a special value.  "Unknown" is used when we are dealing with
partial infosets.

--
Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis vom dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>