   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Can XLink be fixed?

Joe English wrote:

> Come to think of it, if the Infoset augmentation is expressed
> as a set of attributes with a distinguished namespace name,
> instead of as a new set of [information item]s, then
> the current XLink draft could work unchanged.  You just
> need to explicitly state that the xlink:* attributes need
> not be present in the source document, and may instead
> be added by some (unspecified) preprocessing transformation.

That sounds great from a language lawyer point of view but if I'm making
a commercial software application, like XMetaL or Google, *how do I
recognize links* in a vocabulary-neutral manner?

--
"When I walk on the floor for the final execution, I'll wear a denim
suit. I'll walk in there like Willie Nelson, John Wayne, Will Smith