   RE: [xml-dev] What the .... ? Referencing XSL stylesheets across domains

  • To: <jim@anconafamily.com>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] What the .... ? Referencing XSL stylesheets across domains
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:19:36 -0700

I've talked to some of the people involved with XSLT who've dealt with
the IE folks who confirmed that it was a security issue.

> Second, if script in stylesheets is the problem, then the
> issue is with Microsoft's extensions to XSLT, not XSLT
> itself. In that case, a better solution might be to disable
> those scripting extensions in stylesheets from a foreign
> domain, not refuse to load the stylesheet at all.

Security concerns about executing XML documents from domains other than
the requested domain go beyond executing script blocks. Some of which
Joshua pointed out.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the Earth, minus 40%

rights.