   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Can XLink be fixed?

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Norman Walsh wrote:

> / "J. David Eisenberg" <catcode@catcode.com> was heard to say:
> | I think this is the same kind of problem I found when I was trying to
> | convert some XHTML strict to XSL-FO.  The post is at

> | (essentially, how do I map <p class="important warning">...</p> to an
> | equivalent XSL-FO without parsing a stylesheet, or equally ugly, the
> | class attribute.)
>
> Uhm,
>
> <xsl:template match="p[@class='important warning']">
> </xsl:template>
>
> But you must have wanted something more subtle than that...

Yes. I want something "generic."  I can do something to the effect of:

   <xsl:template name="handle-styles">
      <xsl:if test="contains(@class, 'important')">
         <!-- add appropriate attrs to fo:block -->
      </xsl:if>
      <xsl:if test="contains(@class, 'warning')">
         <!-- add appropriate attrs to fo:block -->
      </xsl:if>
   </xsl:template>

which will do what I intend, but if someone uses in-line
styles:

that becomes much harder to deal with.

--
J. David Eisenberg  http://catcode.com/