   (Fwd) Re: [xml-dev] WXS acronym?

Oops ... sorry. This was supposed to go to the list in the first place.

From:           	Matt Gushee <mgushee@havenrock.com>
To:             	Jonathan Robie <jonathan.robie@datadirect-
technologies.com>
Subject:        	Re: [xml-dev] WXS acronym?
Date sent:      	Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:52:22 -0600

On 16 Aug 2002 at 12:31, Jonathan Robie wrote:

> Things have names. If you have political points to make, perhaps you could
> make them *next* to the names of the things to which you refer, so that it
> is clear what you are referring to? After all, nobody can use Google to
> search the W3C web site and find the specs to which you refer by the names
> you use.

Since you mentioned Google, I thought I'd try a Google search on
"XSDL". Interesting. The first link to an address in the w3c.org domain

was to a message in the xmlschema-dev archives on the second page;
there were no other links to w3c.org in the first 10 pages of results.
So, perhaps searchability is a reason to avoid acronyms altogether, but

it is evidently not a reason to prefer XSDL.

FWIW.

Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO, USA