-----Original Message-----
From: Didier PH Martin [mailto:martind@netfolder.com]

Len lead me to the idea that maybe we need an hyperlink algebra like the
relational algebra already has. I think that links are intrinsically
linked to an operation. Maybe we can say that a link is an operation -
involving external content - to be performed by an agent. What we need
though, is to explicitly specify these operations. Reading again the
xlink specs it is clear that the intent was for rendetion to human
beings (or ETs :-) ) since several keywords have a rendition
connotation.