   Re: [xml-dev] WXS acronym?

> In a message dated 16/08/2002 18:39:16 GMT Daylight Time, ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk
> writes:
>

> > I also note that we're doing fine
> > without acronyms for Web Services, Semantic Web, XLink, XML Base, XML
> > Signature, XPath, XML Infoset, to rattle off the first few I thought
> > of.

But of course, none of those have more than six syllables. "XML Schema" is
short, but if you prefer, for the good reasons previously cited, to call
it "W3C XML Schema," well, that has 10 syllables (or 9 if you're from
Texas) and is a really awkward mouthful. And of course if we *really*
want to be acronym-free, we'd have to call it World Wide Web Consortium
eXtensible Markup Language Schema. I don't know how many syllables that
has--I can't count that high.

Perhaps we could agree to call it "W3C XML Schema" in writing, and "*That*
Schema Language" in speech?

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA