   RE: [xml-dev] Re: Can XLink be fixed?

Hi Ann,

Ann said:
As Shane pointed out earlier (as well), we hope to have a document in
the
public space Real Soon Now that will perhaps better demonstrate our
needs.
However, it's not fair to assert that they're unspecified at this point
--
it's been hashed over and over and over again.

Didier replies:
Good to hear that a public document stating the needs and reasons why
xlink do not fulfill them will be posted in the public space. Until then
I will suspend any judgment,  inferences based on fragmented answers and
wait to read what the WG explanations will say. Ann, this document is
needed, even if reasons has been stated on this list, no official
document representing the official WG position has been posted. We only
got fractional answers and we need to recompose the entire picture from
these fragments. Obviously, during the re-composition process, errors
occur.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin