   RE: [xml-dev] RE: XQuery subset (was RE: [xml-dev] WXS acronym?)

At 10:47 AM 8/16/2002 -0700, Dare Obasanjo wrote:
>Basic XQuery isn't type free. It still has the 46 XSD built-in types + the
>2 new xs:duration subtypes.

This is true. You can't import a schema, but the built-in types are there.

FWIW, you can now read about Basic XQuery in the just-published XQuery
spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery/#N400811

>It also has interesting type issues like what happens when I do this
>
>function is-integer(xs:decimal $d) returns xs:boolean{
>   $d instance of xs:integer
>}
>
>   is-integer(xs:integer(6661))
>
>Does the query return true or false? Both answers have unpleasant
>ramifications.

The function conversion rules say that the integer is converted to a
decimal, so it returns false.

Jonathan