   Re: [xml-dev] Acronym spaces, namespaces, and authority (was Re: [xml-de

Rick Jelliffe scripsit:

> 2) The notion of "document type" should be brought back, as representing
> something different from a namespace.  A namespace is a vocabulary,
> a schema is rules for using that vocabulary, a document type is a combination
> of schemas combined with [...].

Only WXS (I'm sticking with that TLA for now) schemas are so closely tied
to namespaces.  RNG and Schematron schemas *expect* to deal with document
types that have names from multiple namespaces, and couldn't care less.

--
John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com
"In computer science, we stand on each other's feet."