   RE: [xml-dev] RDF Interpretation of XML documents (was Re: [xml-d

Thanks John!  So essentially it comes down to
striping the XML with the RDF namespace such
that the RDF processor can... then do exactly what?

I guess I am asking about the processes an
RDF system would use to read and interpret the
XML.  I can guess but a guess isn't good enough.
I am considering the semiote (a sign processor)
and thinking that the markup for that could
be striped with the RDF and make the data
available to an RDF engine without using RDF
per se.  That would be cool.

Manos:  thoughts on that?

To me, this idea that one can make their XML
RDF-friendly is pretty powerful as a means
of bridging from the common web to the semantic
web.  Yes, I know TimBL insists they are the
same web, but only architecturally, in my
opinion.  There is a gulf of common practice
to be crossed.  Short FAQ-like presentations
as what you provided below can be very useful.

len

From: John Cowan [mailto:jcowan@reutershealth.com]

"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" scripsit:

> How does one write a document in RDF friendly ways?

1) Use rdf:id instead of id, although id is accepted by the older RDF syntax.

2) Make sure there is a namespace name available for every element: RDF
can't currently cope with elements that have no namespace names.  (Having
no *prefix* is not a problem).

3) Eschew mixed content.

4) Don't wrap semanticless container elements around groups.

5) When you are describing something identified by a URI, put the URI
   in an rdf:about attribute.

6) When you are referencing something by URI, put the URI in an
   rdf:resource attribute in an empty element.