   Re: [xml-dev] RDF Interpretation of XML documents (was Re: [xml-d

Tim Bray scripsit:

> RDF and XML *are* different planets.  RDF is a general-purpose
> knowledge-representation framework that can be serialized in XML; but
> its relationship to XML is not any tighter than any other custom
> vocabulary aimed at any other particular problem space. -Tim

I can't agree there, because of RDF's ability to slurp up much XML that
was written without RDF in mind, or minimally in mind.  What you say is
true of Topic Maps, e.g., which has its own specific serialization, XTM.

--
John Cowan   jcowan@reutershealth.com   http://www.reutershealth.com
    "Mr. Lane, if you ever wish anything that I can do all you will have