   Re: [xml-dev] shared costs (was something about infoset has two daddies)

Erik Wilde writes:
> thank you soooo much! i was hoping that somebody finally stop the "all
> we ever needes and ever will need is markup, everything else is too
> complex and hence unnecessary" fundamentalists. software re-use is a
> good thing.

I don't think Tim has come particularly close to endorsing your "let's
solve all these problems with the Infoset" approach, however. (Tim may
want to address that directly.)

You may have noticed that I in fact released an API today; I'm not
opposed to APIs, though I have lots of doubt about creating one true
API.  I am quite thoroughly opposed to the notion that we can reasonably
solve markup problems by piling abstractions on abstractions.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether