   Re: [xml-dev] shared costs (was something about infoset has two daddies)

Simon St.Laurent wrote:
> I don't think Tim has come particularly close to endorsing your "let's
> solve all these problems with the Infoset" approach, however. (Tim may
> want to address that directly.)

this is not the approach i am promoting.

> You may have noticed that I in fact released an API today; I'm not
> opposed to APIs, though I have lots of doubt about creating one true
> API.  I am quite thoroughly opposed to the notion that we can reasonably
> solve markup problems by piling abstractions on abstractions.

markup is one representation of data, apis are another. it is *very*
useful to have a data model that can be used as a foundation for both
things, otherwise you run the risk of introducing inconsistencies and
incompatible solutions.

dret.