   RE: [xml-dev] A multi-step approach on defining object-oriented nature o

  • To: "Mike Champion" <mc@xegesis.org>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] A multi-step approach on defining object-oriented nature of DOM
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 17:47:12 -0700

Like I said Joe Blow developer isn't reading W3C specs. Besides
implementers who cares about the infoset? Secondly I've never seen any
of our users mention attempting to query for a namespace decl.

> They aren't confused when HTTP says that various
> capitalizations of the same URI retrieve the same
> representation of a resource, but that XML namespace
> processors consider them distinct?

I've not seen any complaints about people expecting namespace decls to
allow various capitalizations to refer to the same URI as DNS does with
HTTP URLs.

> Your users are a lot smarter than I am!

Probably because they don't bother to read the specs and look for
philosophical loop holes like a number of people on XML-DEV.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Putting in a request to go home early is the best way to jinx yourself

rights.