   RE: [xml-dev] XHTML 2.0: the one bright light?? (Was: linking, 80/20)

> [mailto:larsga@pc36.avidiaasen.online.no] On Behalf Of Lars
> Marius Garshol
>
> Would you mind explaining a bit more? I.e., do you have any
> point to make beyond agreeing with me that RDF does not make
> the distinction?

I'm not agreeing with you, you've agreed with me:

You said:

> Hmmm. I think you can use URIs as identifiers without getting
> into difficulties over whether you regard them as locators or
> identifiers. RDF uses URIs in both ways, but the core RDF
> model does not make a distinction between these two cases.

I called you on that; RDF does not use them in both ways. Then you
qualified:

> The RDF Model Theory does not, that is true, but RDF
> applications very much do.

I echoed:

 The distinction doesn't exist in RDF.

because RDF (as opposed to RDF apps and RDF syntax) is defined in the
Model Theory; that is, when we speak of RDF, we're talking ultimately
about the what's specified in the MT. As far as I can tell, you changed
your mind mid thread. So how am I agreeing with you?

regards,
Bill de hÓra
..
Propylon