   RE: [xml-dev] A multi-step approach on defining object-oriented nature o

No one is blaming Microsoft.  I am saying "it is your
problem".  I am not saying "go your own way", and
yes, being the gorilla, you will always be perceived
with fear and loathing.  That came with success.
Don't let that part bother you.

You belong to the W3C.  Many of us don't.
We use your products.  You chose the W3C to design
your specifications.  Namespaces are hard to apply
and painful to learn.   What to do?

If the answer is, "you'll have to read the specs and
understand namespaces completely, or .Net won't
work properly", it is pretty obviously a problem,
because they are not only hard to understand,
the specs are inconsistent and contradictory.
If reading the specs isn't required, and the
tools don't reveal the problems or just die with
an anonymous error message, then when the
software refuses to work as expected, the user
blames Microsoft.

It's not your fault.  It is your problem.  Big diff.

You wanted to know if this was mere philosophy.
It isn't.  It's complexity.   Tools are made
to handle complexity.  So one approach to your
problem will be to hide that complexity beneath
the tools.  Selecting to be a member of the W3C
means you accept that responsibility.

I think Amy gave you almost a cookbook list
of the kinds of problems that have to be solved
or hidden.

len