   Re: [xml-dev] Architectural Forms revival?

> At 01:27 PM 8/23/2002 -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
>

> >  This looks like what the forthcoming HLink is supposed to do,
> >but I don't like that it will be tailored to linking.  If HLink were broken
> >into 2 documents: an architecture document that can be used for general XML
> >remapping and a linking application of this that solves the XHTML group's
> >problems, don't we have a better chance of working out of this mess?
>

> All I can really say at this point is: please don't assume too many things
> about the proposal that will be forthcoming -- no need to work ourselves up
> over things that may or may not be.

Sorry, but I have no truck with this.  If you choose to collude in secret,
then you must accept public rumor with good grace.  Most likely, Freemasons
and Rossicrucians are not devil-worshipping puppetmasters of global economics
and politics, but since they choose their silly secrecy, I have no sympathy
for them that so much of the public thinks so.

Until the HTML WG produces these mysterious documents its members like to
refer to, I have no choice but to go on the hints, references and rumors that
are posted.  So far these do not necessarily flatter the XHTML WG's case.  If
this bothers you, well, you have the solution.

Track chair, XML/Web Services One Boston: http://www.xmlconference.com/
Basic XML and RDF techniques for knowledge management, Part 7 - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think12.html
Keeping pace with James Clark - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-jclark.html
Python and XML development using 4Suite, Part 3: 4RDF - http://www-105.ibm.com/developerworks/education.nsf/xml-onlinecourse-bytitle/8A1EA5A2CF4621C386256BBB006F4CEC