   RE: [xml-dev] Linking global context

Going Phil folks.  Put on your wellios or delete.

>From: John Cowan [mailto:jcowan@reutershealth.com]

>>"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" scripsit:

>> Some questions:  how does any member unattached to a
>> network/community choose its community, and by what
>> means does it signal such intentions?

>No such thing.  A member that grows up without a community is
>only biologically human.  We do not choose; we are chosen.

But that is the issue of trancendence, John.

The lesson of the Buddha is not one of
magical realization, but of the simple
and achievable human realization that one
can trancend the network of ones' habits,
go beyond the tools that are our sign systems
to real inner directed choice.

When one learns to choose what chooses ones
choices, one can transcend the network that
chooses one.  This is the vital key to
self-realization, and is so simple but so
rare as to be a subject of study to itself;
indeed, that is what the bodhisattva has
studied.  Habits are acquired, but as
practiced, become the shadow master of
the individual.  In order to trancend
that graph of constraining choices, one
must gain mastery over habits.  One means
is to use signs to reprogram the habits.
Such is the meditation on symbols, but
this truly only uses awareness of a habit to
illuminate other habits until the realization
of awareness itself is complete.

A single individual is a network.   It can
choose its friends, but first it must be
aware of the power of its choices, and learn
to choose based on scaling or amplification
of effect in the interior network as well
as the network environment.

len