   Re: [xml-dev] Linking global context

"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" scripsit:

> The lesson of the Buddha is not one of
> magical realization, but of the simple
> and achievable human realization that one
> can trancend the network of ones' habits,
> go beyond the tools that are our sign systems
> to real inner directed choice.

Perhaps so.   But even the Buddha had to be born
Siddhartha, a member of a community, or rather a set
of communities: family, city, principality.  Without
that anchor he would be not Buddha but Kaspar Hauser.

"For the word to be spoken, there must be silence.  Before, and after."
	--Ged

"Has the expression 'birthlessness' any meaning whatsoever?"
	--One of the Zen masters, I forget whom

--
John Cowan                                <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
http://www.reutershealth.com              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan