   Re: [xml-dev] the infoset is two infosets (or even three?) [was: Re: [x

   I think that XSLT could and should change. If it worked in terms of URIs
   instead of prefixes then I don't think you need to do anything so weird.
   i.e. you would namespace-alias "http://www.w3.org/TR/.../escaped"; to
   "http://www.w3.org/TR/...";, rather than "xslte" to "xslt".

namespace-alias does work at the level of uri, it aliases any elements
in one namespace to elements in another, whatever prefix is used on the
elements (you get no control over the prefix that is actually used in
the result) You use prefixes to specify the two uri, but that is the
same as the uses of prefixes in Xpath expressions, the prefix is just a
local reference to the namepsace uri, it is the uri that are used in all
later processing.

David