   RE: [xml-dev] Why is there no schema for RSS?

A while back I crufted up an 0.91 schema [1] as part of Google2RSS [2].

Justin Rudd also has WXS [3] and RNG [4] schemas for 0.92. The links are
currently 404, but you could probably contact him directly to get
copies.

--Peter

[1] http://www.razorsoft.net/downloads/rss-0.91.xsd
[2] http://www.razorsoft.net/weblog/stories/2002/04/13/google2rss.html
[3] http://www.pinetree-tech.com/weblog/misc/rss092.xsd
[4] http://www.pinetree-tech.com/weblog/misc/rss092.rng

http://diveintomark.org/archives/2002/08/20.html#how_liberal_is_too_libe
ral

which implies that there are lots of broken RSS feeds on the web today.
Considering that the describing a structure for XML and ensuring that
documents conform to that structure is generally a solved problem I find
it perplexing that no schema for RSS (besides an RDF schema) exists.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Old cars never die, they just smell that way.

rights.